Nunawading Tumble Tots is a fun movement program designed to encourage and develop toddlers skills in the following areas:
- Gross motor movement
- Balance and agility
- Lateral & Cross- Lateral Movements
- Body & Spatial Awareness
- Concentration & concepts
- Social skills & confidence
Nunawading Tumble Tots offer four age groups:
- Koalas (1½ to 2½ years)
- Possums (2½ to 3½ years)
- Joeys (3 ½ – 4 1/2 years)
- Kangaroos (4 ½ – 5 ½ years)
Koala & Possums Classes
Koala & Possum classes run for 45 mins and involve participation by a parent or caregiver. Classes include a combination of free play, guided discovery, circuits and group activities.
To ensure a wide variety of skills are covered classes have a weekly theme, which is complimented by a fortnightly movement focus. Themes are developed from children’s interests, to create more meaningful toddler classes.
For Possums there is always something ‘new’ to discover in the gym as children have fun exploring movement through play, music and group activities.
Joey & Kangaroo Classes
In Joeys & Kangaroos your child can now leave your side and take part in a more structured gymnastic lesson. These classes are more ‘teacher-directed’ than the younger Koalas & Possum groups therefore parental participation is (usually) not required.
Joey and Kangaroo classes run for 50mins and use the fundamental skills of gymnastics combined with perceptual motor activities to further extend, and develop children’s’ gross motor skills.
Safety landings, handstands, cartwheels, rolls, trampoline, bars, beam and vaulting skills are all included. Skills are taught in progressions, with each progression being the ‘building blocks’ to more complex movements.
Our aims at Nunawading Tumble Tots:
- To provide enjoyable, challenging, and developmentally appropriate movement experiences for toddlers and preschoolers
- To create a safe environment where children can develop gross motor skills at their own level.
- To ensure classes include a large variety of equipment, and class formats with specific learning objectives.
- To ensure that staff is thoroughly trained, qualified, updated and maintain all accreditations.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle and strive towards positively influencing each child’s outlook on physical activity for life.