Nunawading KinderGym is a fun movement program designed to encourage and develop skills in the following areas:
- Gross motor movement
- Balance and agility
- Lateral & Cross- Lateral Movements
- Body & Spatial Awareness
- Concentration & concepts
- Social skills & confidence
Nunawading KinderGym is our program for children aged 2 – 5 years
Classes run for 50 mins and involve participation by a parent or caregiver. Classes include a combination of free play, guided discovery, circuits and group activities.
To ensure a wide variety of skills are covered classes have a weekly theme, which is complimented by a fortnightly movement focus. Themes are developed from children’s interests, to create more meaningful toddler classes.
Safety landings, handstands, cartwheels, rolls, trampoline, bars, beam and vaulting skills are all included. Skills are taught in progressions, with each progression being the ‘building blocks’ to more complex movements.
Our aims at Nunawading KinderGym:
- To provide enjoyable, challenging, and developmentally appropriate movement experiences for toddlers and preschoolers
- To create a safe environment where children can develop gross motor skills at their own level.
- To ensure classes include a large variety of equipment, and class formats with specific learning objectives.
- To ensure that staff is thoroughly trained, qualified, updated and maintain all accreditations.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle and strive towards positively influencing each child’s outlook on physical activity for life.